Here you can have a look at my professional portfolio. I hope I will be able to show you what kind of teacher I am now, and what kind of teacher I would like to be in the near future.
Welcome to my classroom!
Welcome to my classroom!
PREFERRED JOB English teacher, Teacher trainer, Translator/Interpreter
2006-now English language teacher Primary school “Vuk Karadzic” Negotin, Serbia http://www.osvuk.edu.rs/
1998-2006 English language teacher
Primary school “Dusan Radovic” Bor, Serbia http://www.osdusanradovicbor.edu.rs/
· Educated many students in the basics of English grammar and conversational speaking during 18 years of work experience.
· Taught groups of 20 to 30 students.
· Coordinated communication between students and school administration to create effective and culturally sensitive learning environment.
· Encouraged critical thinking through pair and group activities.
· Successfully collaborated with teachers and school heads to meet educational goals.
· In cooperation with the Music teacher formed a singing group Joyful bunch in 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJ6hjWZqDY
· Work on Edmodo, social network for teachers and students.
· Prezi presentations https://prezi.com/szd8aqoq6iac/past-simple-tense-to-be/
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
11/2003 – 10/2005 Teacher Training Programme for Primary School Teacher Trainers- Oxford University Press course, Belgrade, Serbia
10/1993 – 11/1998 University of Niš, Faculty of Philosophy, Department for English Language and Literature, Niš, Serbia
09/1989 – 06/1993 High school for Economy and Commerce, Bor, Serbia
· Mother tongue: Serbian
· English C2
· German А1
· Information technology literacy
· MS Office proficiency
· Acting/ Drama (role-play), Singing, Drawing
· Sound judgement
· Good at problem solving tasks
· Good organisational skills
· Always ready to help
· Team worker
· Driving licence B
Students’ books reviews
Oxford University Press:
1. Project 3 (third edition) -Tom Hutchinson & Linda Edwards
2. Еnglish Plus 2 - Ben Wetz, James Styring & Nicholas Tims
3. Еnglish Plus 3 - Ben Wetz
4.Project 1 (fourth edition)Tom Hutchinson, Janet Hardy-Goul, Zoltán Rézműves
5. Project 2 (fourth edition) Tom Hutchinson, Rod Fricker, Zoltán Rézműves
6. Project 3 (fourth edition) Tom Hutchinson, Diana Pye, Zoltán Rézműves
7. Project 4 (fourth edition) Tom Hutchinson, Zoltán Rézműves;
1. Brilliant 1 – Jeanne Perret
2. Brilliant 2 - Jeanne Perret
Oxford University Press:
1. Happy Street 1 -Stella Maidment & Lorena Roberts
2. Happy Street 2 -Stella Maidment & Lorena Roberts
3. Smash 1 – Luka Prodromou & Joanne Chapman
4. Smash 2 – Luka Prodromou & Joanne Chapman
5. Smash 3 – Michelle Crawford & Joanne Chapman
6. Smash 4 – Luka Prodromou, Michelle Crawford & Jain Cook
1. Quest 1 - Jeanette Corbett & Roisin O’Farrell
2. Quest 2 -Jeanette Corbett & Roisin O’Farrell
• Winter Seminar for English Teachers , 08-12.01. 2001
• Summer Seminar for English Teachers , 02-07.07. 2001
• Winter Seminar for English Teachers , 08-12.01. 2002
• Winter Seminar for English Teachers , 03-08.02. 2003
• Teacher Training Programme for Primary School Teacher Trainers; Belgrade, 2003 - 2005
• Touring Serbia; Bor, September 2005 - January, 2006
• Oxford Primary Teachers ' Academy; Zaječar, August - November 2007
• The Day of Oxford University Press; Belgrade, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011
• Winter seminar for English teachers, 08. - 12.01.2008
• Towards better understanding, Zajecar, 16.05.2009
• Summer seminar for English teachers; Sremski Karlovci 01. - 04.07.2010
• Mini seminar for English teachers; Belgrade 05.11.2011
• Inclusive education and individual education plan; Negotin 19-20.11. 2011
• New school: Multifrontal teaching; Belgrade 10-11. 12. 2011
• The use of tests in elementary and secondary schools ; Belgrade 21-22.06 . 2012
• Motivation for learning and psychological principles of learning; Negotin 12/10/2013
• Oxford professional development; Zaječar 26.10.2013
• The English Book 's Summer Seminar ; Bor 02-05.07.2014.
• Use of ICT in ELT,Niš 21-23.08.2014.
• Support human capital development and research-general education and human capital development,
• Methods and forms of effective teaching and learning-basic level, Negotin 12.02.2016.
• Marina's ELT patchwork quilt-workshop, Неготин 10.03.2016.
• Technology Time-Saving Tips for Teachers and Students , Gareth Davies, 21.01. 2015
• Lesson Flipping and Creating Video Presentations , Thomas Healy, 17.02. 2015
• Challenging Students to Think Critically ,Edmund Dudley, 19.02. 2015
• Coming of Age as a Teacher ,Anna Parisi, 28.02. 2015
• Supporting Young English Language and Literacy Learners , Marylou Matoush, 18.03. 2015
Enthusiastic teacher dedicated to creating an enjoyable, inviting and dynamic learning atmosphere. Always implementing traditional and innovative methods to motivate students to learn the English language, understand the cultures of English speaking countries, and grow into critical thinkers. Experienced in teaching children from diverse range of cultures and backgrounds in groups from 20 to 30. Never has stopped learning and always looking forward to exchanging experiences and teaching ideas with fellow workers and other teachers.